This Eames 3-Seat Black Leather and Teak Sofa By Charles + Ray Eames and from Herman Miller
The Eames sofa was the last piece of furniture designed by the Eames Design Office. An earlier model—designed, like this one, to complement their Soft Pad chairs—was designed in 1967 but was never taken past the model stage.
The husband and wife design duo of Charles and Ray Eames have been thrilling consumers with their modernist designs since before they were married in 1941. Originally known for mostly working with molded plywood, they became household names with the development of the Eames Lounge Chair, which now holds a permanent spot in New York’s Museum of Modern Art. Ever the collaborators, Charles and Ray expanded their portfolio to include the stylish Aluminum Group set of office furniture, and well as successful forays into filmmaking and architecture. The Eames House, located overlooking the ocean in Pacific Palisades, CA, is still recognized as one of the leading examples of postwar modern architecture having become a National Historic Landmark in 2006.